Motor Image Pilipinas, Inc., the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles in the Philippines, has announced the availability of the all-new, state-of-the-art 2021 Subaru Outback. The award-winning crossover has been restyled inside and out and is powered by an all-new 2.5-liter direct-injection boxer engine. The sixth-generation Outback is now built on the Subaru Global Platform and comes with the brand’s most sophisticated driver-assist safety system to date. It combines the drivability of a sedan with the versatility of a Sports Utility Vehicle and represents the true adventurous spirit of Subaru.
“This car is really about giving you a refined, premium driving experience in a feature-packed model at an unbeatable price for you to go create your best memories with your loved ones. Fans of the Outback will know that it is reliable and always there for you, taking you on your best journeys, time after time. It has the latest best-in-class safety features and spaciousness usually found in luxury European brands. It will keep you and your loved ones safe and comfortable. It is stable, versatile, and practical, with a touch of luxury. It is a well-equipped high-end car, without the high-end price tag,” said Mr. Glenn Tan, Deputy Chairman and Managing Director of Tan Chong International Ltd., which owns Motor Image Pilipinas, Inc.
Upgraded safety features
The launch of the all-new Subaru Outback also marks the Philippine debut of the latest version of Subaru’s award-winning preventive safety system, EyeSight, which has been upgraded with new features. EyeSight 4.0’s Pre-Collision Braking now covers more traffic scenarios at intersections, thanks to its improved stereo cameras and wider angle of coverage. It is now able to help the driver look left and right to detect obstacles and help prevent potential collisions. (e.g., vehicles traveling in the opposite direction and pedestrians crossing the road at left or right-turn junctions).
EyeSight 4.0 Driver Assist Technology now includes:
- Autonomous Emergency Steering, which helps steer the Outback away from a vehicle or obstacle in front to avoid an accident. It works with Subaru’s Rear Vehicle Detection to ensure that the Outback heads towards a clear area (i.e., to the right or left within the lane).
- The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system now has a Lane Centering Function. This helps to steer the Outback to keep it in the middle of the lane, whether the road is straight or slightly curved. ACC has the added benefit of helping drivers in traffic jams by keeping the new Outback at a safe distance from the vehicle in front, helping the driver slow down or speed up automatically in these situations.
- EyeSight 4.0’s Lane Departure Warning includes Lane Departure Prevention. This nudges the steering wheel slightly towards the inside of the Outback’s lane when it detects that the driver is about to cross the line/lane markings while traveling at 60km/h or more.
Improved Stereo Cameras
- EyeSight 4.0 now comes with better stereo cameras that provide almost double the angle of coverage. This helps EyeSight look not only at its own lane but at neighboring lanes as well so the system can better anticipate if a vehicle to the left or right is going to move into his/her lane and take action to prevent collisions.
Driver Monitoring System
- The Driver Monitoring System (DMS) uses an infra-red camera and facial recognition technology to monitor the driver’s eyes and alerts the driver should he/she be looking away from the road when driving. It also remembers the unique settings of up to five drivers for their seat and door mirror positions, climate control, and meter displays, and automatically adjusts them for each driver upon entering the car – features typically found only in luxury models.
Other safety features include
- The EyeSight Assist Monitor, which gives visual warnings on the windshield, so the driver is made aware of potentially dangerous situations.
- 8 Airbags, Steering Responsive Headlights, Adaptive Driving Beam, Blind-Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Reverse Automatic Braking.
Stability and versatility
The all-new Outback is built on the latest Subaru Global Platform, with a full inner frame structure and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, all part of Subaru’s DNA, giving the car excellent handling and stability. Under the hood is an all-new 2.5-liter direct injection boxer engine that generates 188PS and 245Nm of torque, enabling the car to go from 0 to 100km/h in 9.6 seconds. With ample ground clearance (213mm) to take you on rough journeys smoothly; it is also styled to look rugged, with sturdy bumper guards, heavy-duty crossbar roof rails, and robust body claddings. A larger 537-liter luggage compartment offers 10 liters more space than before, and a hands-free power rear gate is one of the practical features that make it perfect for families.
As for the “Uncommon Luxury” promised by the latest Outback, it starts with generous cabin space for up to five adults. The 2,745mm wheelbase has been carried over from the previous model, but meaningful increases in length (+50mm) and width (+35mm), along with significant improvements in packaging, have created a more spacious interior than the previous Outback. Then there are the Nappa leather seats, a first for Subaru, with extra-plush cushioning and premium trim all around, giving the cabin a cohesive and luxe look. The centerpiece of the all-new Outback interior is a smart 11.6-inch infotainment touchscreen. The high-definition, tablet-style LCD screen, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, makes managing vehicle/driving information and enjoying in-car entertainment easier than ever. Audiophiles will appreciate the 576-watt Harman/Kardon premium audio system with 11 speakers, a subwoofer, and an 8-channel amplifier. The all-new Subaru Outback is totally comfortable on the road and naturally capable of it. Whether you want to live it up in the city or get active and dirty as part of an outdoorsy lifestyle, it is sure to help create memorable journeys for you and your loved ones.
The 2021 Subaru Outback 2.5i-T EyeSight is now available with a price tag of Php 2,380,000 and will be available in seven colors: Crystal White Pearl, Ice Silver Metallic, Crystal Black Silica, Brilliant Bronze Metallic, Crimson Red Pearl, Dark Blue Pearl, and Storm Grey Metallic.
Customers who reserve a unit by September 30, 2021, shall be entitled to an exclusive Php 50,000 introductory discount. The first batch of Outback owners shall also receive a limited edition Bynd Artisan leather pouch.
The 2021 Subaru Outback 2.5i-T EyeSight is now available for viewing at Subaru showrooms nationwide. For more information, visit https://www.subaru.asia/outback/.