In line with Honda’s goal of realizing carbon neutrality for all products and corporate activities by 2050, Honda Cars Philippines (HCPI) has launched the 6th-generation Honda CR-V 2.0 RS e:HEV E-CVT, a major step in the company’s electrification journey. Truly a halo model in terms of advanced safety and driving technologies, the e:HEV full hybrid system signifies Honda’s strong commitment to sustainable mobility solutions toward zero environmental impact.
“As a mobility manufacturer dedicated to the environment, Honda has for decades been engaged in developing a full range of vehicle electrification technologies. We are proud to launch the All-New Honda CR-V in the Philippines as this generation is one of many firsts. It is the first CR-V with e:HEV technology which delivers outstanding driver pleasure and exceptional environmental performance, and i-VTEC Turbo Power which provides agile acceleration and a sophisticated driving experience with also a much environmental performance.
The All-New Honda CR-V also ushers in Honda CONNECT, and we believe that this technology will further enhance the experience of our customers. More than an application, it’s a communication system with your Honda vehicle and with us. We are also proud to say that Honda SENSING is standard in all variants. There is no doubt that the Honda CR-V is an SUV that is close to Filipino hearts, and we are confident that the all-new model will continue that legacy,” said HCPI president Rie Miyake.
Using the grand concept of “Blown Away CR-V”, the development team aimed to create an ultimate all-rounder that would give the owner the feeling of being a winner. Also known as the Comfortable Runabout Vehicle, the fully redesigned CR-V continues a strong legacy that began in 1995 with over 13 million units sold since its introduction. Since its arrival in the Philippines in 1997, the Honda CR-V has sold over 70,000 units, creating adventures and memories in Filipino households for over 25 years. With this iteration, Honda seeks to solidify its position as the leader of the C-segment SUVs by being the ultimate all-rounder.
The first-ever e:HEV full hybrid system in the All-New CR-V
The e:HEV technology in the All-New Honda CR-V combines all of Honda’s gasoline engine and electrification technologies with an array of advanced technologies to achieve exceptionally low fuel consumption and a new level of driving pleasure.
The system is a powerful combination of two electric motors: the Traction Motor and the Generator Motor, that are mated to a new four-cylinder, 2.0-liter Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle engine. The engine provides 148PS and 183Nm of torque, and the electric motors put out 184PS and 335Nm of torque. While the motor operates throughout the low- to high-speed range, e:HEV relies on the gasoline engine alone for high-speed cruising. The e:HEV achieves a unique combination of environmental performance and driving pleasure that could not be achieved with an engine-only system.
The e:HEV full hybrid system intelligently switches modes to suit various driving situations: EV Drive mode that lets the vehicle run solely on battery power; Hybrid Drive mode which shifts power between the electric motor and the engine; and Engine Drive mode. The ability to run on individual power modes is the main benefit of a full hybrid electric system, delivering true fuel economy gains. It also comes with a Drive Mode Switch, that enables the driver to easily select the driving modes (Sport, Normal, and Econ) to suit their style of driving. The smooth and seamless power transitions in the e:HEV also give a quieter, more refined, and comfortable driving and riding experience.
Through its regenerative braking system and traction motor, the e:HEV system can harvest energy from braking and deceleration and recover friction losses that would otherwise be unused. This helps extend the car’s electric power range and further optimize fuel economy. The battery can also be recharged with the help of the engine, serving as a generator to keep the electric drive system primed for action at a moment’s notice.
Another first in the All-New Honda CR-V for the Philippine market is a turbocharged gas engine. Available in the 1.5 V Turbo CVT and 1.5 VX Turbo CVT AWD, it uses the 1.5-liter Direct Injection DOHC VTEC engine that blends power and economy. It features a new high-efficiency, high-response turbocharger, and enhanced exhaust system that help the engine maintain peak power over a wider power band.
The result of these upgrades is 190PS and 240Nm of torque, making this the most powerful gas-powered CR-V to date. The higher horsepower and torque ratings give the driver more confidence in passing and accelerating, along with ample power even when fully loaded.
With a powerful powertrain, the result is excellent fuel efficiency of 29.4 KM/L in urban driving for the e:HEV grade and 16.4 KM/L in extra-urban driving conditions for the petrol grade. These results are based on the United Nations Regulation 101 uniform provisions concerning the measurement of fuel consumption of vehicles with positive-ignition and compression-ignition engines and electric power trains.
All variants of the all-new Honda CR-V are equipped with the latest generation of Honda SENSING driver-assistive technology, including a new front sensor camera and radar system. The new camera has a wider field of view (from 50 degrees before to 90 degrees at present). Meanwhile, the radar mounted behind the Honda logo on the grille now has a field of view of 120 degrees, up by 70 degrees from the previous generation. This helps in better detection of cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians.
Honda SENSING functions include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Auto High Beam and for the first time Adaptive Driving Beam (exclusive to the RS e:HEV CVT variant), an intelligent LED headlight that helps enhance visibility as well as adjusting the height of the light beam to avoid dazzling the car in front and pedestrians
- Lead Car Departure Notification System
Also new to the CR-V is Honda CONNECT which uses smart telematics technology to seamlessly connect users with their cars via a smartphone application. Honda CONNECT enables customers to communicate with their vehicle, check its status, and even receive alerts using a smartphone. By introducing this technological advancement to the market, Honda strives to enhance the quality of life as it promotes greater safety and security as well as comfort and convenience.
The All-New CR-V’s other safety features include:
- Automatic Collision Detection – automatically detects collisions and calls for help to ensure timely assistance whenever required.
- Security Alarm Detection – sends an alert when the alarm is triggered by trespassers
- Speed Alert – allows the owner to keep an eye on how their vehicle is being driven through a series of notifications if the speed limit is exceeded.
Honda CONNECT’s security and convenience features include:
- Find My Car – helps owners find their vehicle by sending a pin location to their mobile device
- Geofencing Alert – notifies the owner if their car was taken beyond a set area limit
- Emergency Call – makes it easier to access emergency contacts through the app
- Car Status – alerts the owner of anything that requires attention and doubles as the vehicle’s diagnostic support system. It allows the owner to remotely check the fuel level, battery, lock, and airbag status.
- Remote Vehicle Control – allows the owner to control various limited functions of their vehicle via the smartphone app, including Remote Engine Start & Stop, Remote Air Conditioner Control, Remote Lock & Unlock, and Remote Light Control
- Service reminder – reminds the owner when maintenance is due and can schedule an appointment with their nearest official service center right away
The All-New Honda CR-V was awarded five stars by the ASEAN New Car Assessment Program (ASEAN NCAP). With the active and passive safety systems working together, the All-New Honda CR-V received an impressive overall score of 87.16 out of 100 points. These results reflect Honda’s commitment to safety for all with a vision of realizing zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda motorcycles and automobiles globally by 2050.
Premium sportiness and toughness in all dimensions
The All-New Honda CR-V features a sportier and sophisticated premium exterior. This is emphasized by its stronger, bolder lines with its prominent front grille, road-commanding presence, and sleek roofline. It is also longer and wider than ever before, giving this model grander proportions and a significantly broader stance. The look of the All-New CR-V projects Honda’s vision of making this model the ultimate all-rounder.
First-ever CR-V e:HEV RS design cues:
- RS-exclusive grille design that reflects the unique identity of the RS variant
- Panoramic sunroof for a whole new vision and a premium feel
- Piano Black side mirrors with turn signals
- Door sash finished in Gloss Black
- Front and rear LED fog lights
- Body Color Rear Spoiler with Piano Black Accents
- Piano Black Shark Fin Antenna
- Sporty, RS-exclusive 18-inch Piano Black Aluminum Alloy Wheels
CR-V 1.5 V Turbo and 1.5 VX Turbo AWD features:
- Newly designed front grille in Piano Black (VX Turbo AWD) and Honeycomb with Chrome (V Turbo)
- Side mirrors with turn signals, electrically adjustable and automatic retractable.
- LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, and LED Sequential Front Turn Signals
- LED front fog lamps
- LED taillights
- Power Tailgate with Walk Away Close
- Shark fin antenna
- Dual stainless-steel exhaust finishers (1.5 VX CVT Turbo AWD)
- 18-inch Silver Aluminum Alloy Wheels
A high-quality interior that’s tough and versatile
The high-quality and upscale touches of the All-New Honda CR-V make the sixth-generation model the most premium and sophisticated yet. Its larger cabin brings with it greater comfort for the driver and passengers alike, while the repositioned windows give an airier and roomier feeling.
Three-row seating in the V Turbo and VX Turbo AWD, along with up to 840 liters of cargo space means the All-New CR-V offers flexible usability, making it ideal for active lifestyles while cherishing the time to spend with their families.
A cabin that is a class above with premium standard features for comfort and convenience
- Honda Smart Entry (V Turbo) and New Honda Smart Key Card Entry (VX Turbo)
- Push-to-start system
- 9″ Touchscreen Audio
- New Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- New Navigation system (VX Turbo)
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Telephone (HFT) & Audio Streaming, USB-input
- 8 Speaker sound system
- New Tri-Zone Automatic (V Turbo) and Intelligent Dual and Tri-Zone Automatic (VX Turbo)
- New 10.2″ Full Digital Instrument Cluster
- Black Leather seats
- 8-Way Power Memory Seats (Driver’s side)
- 4-Way Power (Passenger side)
- Sliding and Reclining second-row seats
- Three-row seating
- New Wireless charger
- Piano Black and Honeycomb Pattern (V Turbo) and Piano Black and Wood (VX Turbo)
- Active Noise Control
Taking the essence of premium sportiness, practicality, and cutting-edge technology with the RS Variant
- New Honda Smart Key Card Entry
- New Head-up Display (HUD)
- New Bose Premium Audio System with 12-Speakers
- Intelligent Dual-Zone Automatic
- Black Leather seats with Red Stitching
- 4-Way Power Lumbar Support
- Two-row seating
- Up to 1,064 liters of cargo space
- Piano black and brushed metal trims
- Power Flow Meter
Pricing and availability
The Suggested Retail Price of the All-New CR-V is as follows:
- 2.0 RS e:HEV E-CVT – Php 2,590,000 (comes with an 8-year or 200,000-kilometer battery warranty (whichever comes first)
- 1.5 VX Turbo CVT AWD – Php 2,280,000
- 1.5 V Turbo CVT – Php 2,100,000
- Platinum White Pearl (Additional Php 20,000)
- Lunar Silver Metallic (VX and V models only)
- Meteoroid Gray Metallic
- Ignite Red Metallic (exclusive to e:HEV model)
- Canyon River Blue Metallic (New Color)
The All-New Honda CR-V 1.5 V Turbo CVT and CR-V 1.5 VX Turbo CVT AWD units are arriving this month, while the All-New Honda CR-V 2.0 RS.e:HEV E-CVT will be available by October 2023.