Since the downgrading of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) over most areas in the country, seven Volkswagen dealerships have resumed operations and re-opened their doors to customers. These dealerships are now applying “new normal” business operating protocols as recommended by the government’s Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) under the guidelines of modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) and general community quarantine (GCQ).
To date, eight of VW’s nine dealerships are back online. These are Volkswagen dealerships in BGC, Quezon Avenue, Alabang, Pampanga; Santa Rosa; Iloilo, and Bacolod. Volkswagen Cebu shall remain closed until further announcement.
To comply with the new protocols, customers are highly encouraged to book an appointment with their dealerships before visiting. Other safety precautions include:
- Wearing a face mask throughout the visit.
- Before entry, the visitor’s body temperature will be checked, then alcohol will be sprayed onto their hands. Customers who register body temperatures above 37.5 degrees Celsius shall not be allowed entry and will be advised to seek medical attention.
- Shaking hands is not allowed and physical distancing (at least one meter apart) will be strictly followed.
- Only two persons are allowed to sit at transaction tables. Customers and sales and service personnel have to sit across each other.
- At the showroom and vehicle service bays, customers and attendants shall maintain physical distance, even when inside the vehicle. All facilities where customers may be in—or use—shall be regularly disinfected.
- The use of credit cards or online payments is highly encouraged.
- For those who would like to test drive, all vehicles will be fully sanitized before and after use and are guaranteed to be safe. A scheduled test drive is encouraged.
- For aftersales operations, customers must set service appointments and observe physical distancing.
In compliance with safety procedures, service Advisors and personnel are now required to wear personal protective gear. Rest assured that all tools used, as well as all vehicles before and after being serviced, will likewise be disinfected.
For more information about Volkswagen in the Philippines, log on to www.volkswagen.com.ph.