Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation (MMPC) has released the updated version of its best-selling MPV, the sporty Xpander Cross. Positioned as a cross between an MPV and SUV, the new Xpander Cross has all the practicality of the former, with the styling and functionality of the latter.
Despite its sportier exterior, the new Xpander Cross exudes refinement rarely seen in its segment. The soft-to-touch navy blue dashboard is understated and matches the matte accents and clean lines of the other elements.
The upgraded Xpander has enhanced driving dynamics, making it responsive and easy to maneuver. Its spacious interior and flexible seating make it very capable of comfortably transporting people or cargo of all sizes. It has a best-in-class ground clearance of 225 mm, giving the driver a better view of the road, as well as more confidence when going through obstacles like flooded streets.
The updated Xpander Cross is still powered by a 1.5 MIVEC DOHC 16-valve engine that produces 104HP and 141Nm torque and is mated with a 4- Speed Automatic Transmission.
While the new Xpander Cross shares the platform and upgrades of the current-generation Xpander, it comes with upgraded elements for a sportier and more premium feel that is exclusive to the Cross variant. New to the 23MY Xpander Cross (compared to the previous-gen Xpander Cross) are:
- New Front and Rear Bumper
- Redesigned Tailgate Garnish
- New 17’’ Alloy Wheels
- New Wheel Arch and Side Body Garnish
- Tri-Projector LED Headlamps
- LED Foglamps
- Roof Rails
- New 8’’ LCD Digital Meter Cluster
- New 4-Spoke Steering Wheel Design – adapted from the Montero Sport
- Two-Tone Leather Seats with Heat Guard (Blue Trim)
- Horizontal Axis Design Dashboard with Soft Touch Material (Blue Trim)
- 7-inch Touchscreen Smart Phone Link Display Audio (SDA) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, with Bluetooth, Tuner, and USB
- Digital AC Display with Max Cool
New Performance and Safety Features:
- New Active Yaw Control (AYC)
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
Prices and color availability Are as follows:
- Blade Silver Metallic & Graphite Gray Metallic (Monotone) – Php 1,328,000
- Sunrise Orange Metallic (2-Tone) – Php 1,338,000
- Quartz White Pearl (2-Tone) – Php 1,353,000
The Xpander Cross is now available at Mitsubishi dealerships nationwide. For more information or to book a test drive, visit www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph/cars/xpander/xpander-cross.