Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. (HCPI) has announced the updated version of their Honda Civic. The refreshed 10th Generation Civic comes with new exterior styling and additional convenience features and aims to further satisfy customers’ needs for a sporty and functional compact sedan.
For 2019, the new Civic’s has the following upgrades:
- Newly designed Front Bumper
- Full LED Headlights with Integrated Daytime Running Lights (for the RS Turbo CVT and 1.8 E CVT variants)
- New 18-inch Belrina Black RS Alloy Wheels for the RS Turbo CVT and new 16-inch Shark Gray Metallic Alloy Wheels for the 1.8 E CVT
- Customizable full-color TFT instrument panel
- Updated 7-inch Touch Screen Advanced Display Audio System with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability and physical buttons and a volume knob (for the RS Turbo CVT and 1.8 E CVT variants)
- Additional upgrades for the RS Turbo CVT variant include: navigation; leather seats; leather interior trims; 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat; and new sports pedals
Together with this refresh, HCPI is also introducing a new variant for the New Civic, the 1.8 S CVT variant. Being the model’s entry variant, the Civic 1.8 S CVT aims to give customers one of the best value-for-money propositions in the C-Segment Category. Outside, the Civic 1.8 S CVT sports new Halogen Projector Headlights with Integrated Daytime Running Lights and 16-inch Two Tone Alloy Wheels that compliment the Civic’s sporty and aggressive front fascia. Inside, this variant gets Honda’s 7-inch Touch Screen Display Audio system with Bluetooth connectivity as well as USB input.
Under the hood, the 2019 Civic will still be available with two engine options: the 1.5-liter turbocharged DOHC i-VTEC engine for the RS Turbo which produces 171 hp @ 5,500 rpm, and a maximum torque of 220 NM @ 1,700-5,500 rpm; and Honda’s familiar 1.8 Liter SOHC i-VTEC engine that produces maximum power of 139 hp @ 6,500 rpm and 174 NM @ 4,300 rpm for the 1.8 E and 1.8 S variants. Both engines are mated with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) developed based on Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology. To complement the Civic’s potent powertrains, Honda’s Eco Assist System, which consists of the ECON mode and Eco-Coaching Ambient Light, is still available to help encourage drivers to achieve fuel-efficient driving.
All variants of the refreshed Civic include the following safety features: Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA); Hill Start Assist (HSA); Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto Brake Hold; as well as Dual Front Driver and Front Passenger SRS Airbags. The RS Turbo CVT, on the other hand, gets additional safety features such as Front Driver and Passenger Side Airbags and Side Curtain Airbags for added protection for the passengers.
With these superior safety features, the New Civic also boasts a Five Star ASEAN NCAP safety rating as it gives customers better safety and peace of mind on the road.
The New Civic will be available in June at all 38 dealerships nationwide. Available colors include Platinum White Pearl (New color) (additional P20,000), Cosmic Blue Metallic, Lunar Silver Metallic (1.8 E and 1.8 S only), Modern Steel Metallic (RS Turbo and 1.8 E only), and Rallye Red (RS Turbo).
Suggested Retail Prices for the 2019 Honda Civic are as follows:
- RS Turbo CVT – PHP 1,608,000
- 1.8 E CVT – PHP 1,185,000
- 1.8 S CVT – PHP 1,115,000
For more information on the new Civic and other Honda products, visit any of the authorized Honda Car dealerships today or you may visit the Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. official website at www.hondaphil.com.