As the spread of COVID-19 continues to affect everyone in the country, Shell puts top priority on the health and safety of our people, customers, and the community, along with the safe operations of all our businesses. We continue to monitor the situation closely and respond to the needs of our kababayans.
For our people
The safety and well-being of our employees matter to us. As such, Shell has made available the following services to its employees:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Financial assistance such as access to emergency loans
- 24x7 Tele-Medicine medical service to minimize staff exposure to hospitals and clinics.
- Virtual counseling services
- Temporary accommodation and transportation support needed for business continuity.
For our customers
Amidst the challenges, we strive to continue providing vital energy products to our customers and communities and have business continuity plans in place to sustain our operations. Malampaya continues to operate to provide 30% of Luzon’s power needs and our Shell stations will remain open to serve motorists and provide basic services.
For the community
Shell salutes the frontliners who have been tirelessly working to #FlattenTheCurve. To support the medical and government frontliners, Shell is extending help as follows:
- Donation of N95 face masks to the Department of Health and the Philippine General Hospital
- Donation of Select Water to 7 Hospitals.
- Through our Shell retailers, we are giving food packs, biscuits and water for medical workers, police force and military personnel and logistics drivers
- Donation to the Municipality of Pasacao, Camarines Sur for the purchase of relief goods for indigent families
- We are also a partner of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation in COVID-19 response.
Our own forecourt staff are frontliners too, as they continue to serve the needs of our motorists.
To support our Shell forecourt staff, we are providing the following:
- Accommodation in our stations with transportation to and from work
- Meals for staff while on duty
- Face masks and alcohol for when they are on duty and when they travel to and from our stations.
- Financial support for staff grounded by the enhanced community quarantine.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and follow advice from public health authorities to help ensure the well-being of our employees, customers, and local communities.