SMC Asia Car Distributors Corporation, the exclusive distributor of BMW automobiles in the Philippines, has announced the availability of the facelifted BMW 520i Luxury. Now sourced from Malaysia, it is priced more competitively than the units originating from other plants.
“We are thrilled to bring a more intuitive premium business sedan in the BMW 520i Luxury. The updated version brings forth features that are usually found only in the higher tiers of the luxury car market. This wide variety of innovations onboard make it immensely competitive at its price point and renders the new 5 Series perfect for the next generation of trailblazers who are looking to change the way they lead,” said SMC Asia Car Distributors Corp. President, Spencer Yu.
- BMW twin-kidney grille has been redesigned with extra width and height, and it drops down further into the front apron while being framed by a single-piece surround.
- Slimmer contouring of the headlights brings a modern twist to the focused look that stems from BMW’s heritage.
- New Adaptive LED headlights has a High-beam Assistant and an adaptive cornering function for added safety at night.
- Black edging and a new L-shaped graphic give the rear lights of the new BMW 5 Series additional visual impact that emphasizes the sedan’s individuality.
- Comfort Access system makes it easier to enter the BMW 520i Luxury
- Includes a Kick Function to simplify loading and unloading the boot
- Has a Soft Close function which pulls the doors quietly to give the driver and each passenger an even higher sense of opulence.
- Dakota Leather seats coupled with the Ambient Lighting Package and 4-Zone Automatic Air Conditioning to suit any mood.
- Open-pored fine wood interior trim and pearl chrome finisher.
- New 12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster Display with the BMW Live Cockpit Professional in Operating System 7.0 that comes with BMW Gesture Control
- 16-speaker Harmon Kardon surround system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Under the hood
The new BMW 520i Luxury is powered by a 4-cylinder in-line powerplant with the award-winning BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and is paired with an 8-speed Steptronic transmission. This combination produces maximum output of 184hp @ 5,000-6,500rpm, and maximum torque of 290Nm @ 1,350-4,250rpm.
The new BMW 520i Luxury comes with a comprehensive 5-year BMW warranty or 200,000 kms., whichever comes first, and retails at Php 4,290,000.